The Trash Trek FLL (FIRST LEGO League) season has long ended, now what to do with the Robot Performance field set-up models?
Well, you can:
1. Keep the models and mat, so that you might revisit those exciting moments of the tournament by running a mock tournament.
2. Keep certain models that seem to reappear in a similar form each year (loops), so that you may practice during the off-season.
3. Keep them and invent your own scenario of an obstacle course.
4. Dissemble them and add them to your growing collection of elements (there is sometimes a new element that is not found in the LEGO kits).
5. Find another use for them, such as:
Converting the Bar Sorter to a Coin Sorter!
With a few modifications, a Power Functions® L-Motor, and Battery Box you can make a coin sorter for dimes, nickels/pennies, and quarters (that works accurately 95% of the time).
This is what students from Brics~2~Bots Academy came up with: