Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another NXT goes bad...


Update! May 20, 2010

Over the years I have had several NXT controllers lose their display. I can actually "download & run" programs there is no display. A few years ago, I called LEGO Education & after they verified that I had bought those 3 NXT controllers from them, they replaced my controllers, but offered no explanation as to why this happened. Since then 5 more controllers stop displaying. The controllers have not been dropped, nor exposed to extremes in temperature - I'm at a lost as to why this is happening.

Has anyone else had this problem??? Are there any solutions???

Well, I heard from author James Floyd Kelly who told me this is not an isolated problem, and so again I contacted LEGO Education Technical support who didn't offer an explanation why it happens, but were very willing to have me send the defected NXT controllers to LEGO Education (I'm assuming the ones I bought from them) and they will replace them. Sort of a happy ending...

No comments:

Post a Comment